European Virtual Pilot Licence!
In partnership with the ANPLV (France), Brussels Flight Simulators presents VIRTUAL PILOT ACADEMY, a Virtual Airline Pilot training course, supervised by aeronautical professionals.
Inspired by real aviation programs, this course is dedicated to ‘simmers’ as to young candidates for whom it is a real evaluation course before moving towards a professional career.
Thanks to its various European partners, the ANPLV offers virtual qualifications on many aircraft (Boeing 737-757-777 / Airbus A320-A330-A340). Brussels Flight Simulators only supports the B737 NG qualification (Classic and Max optional).
BOEING 737 CL – NG – MAX VIRTUAL TYPE RATING (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMMERS ‘AT WORK’ (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
Until today, simmers’ flight times are only counted on the time of use of their computer; their knowledge is even less considered, so nearly lost.
With the VIRTUAL PILOT ACADEMY course, pilots grades are acquired step by step, as in real life, during training and real exercises on simulators supervised by highly qualified instructors who participated in the creation of the programs..
Although it remains reserved for the flight simulation domain alone, the high level of training makes it possible to evaluate one’s own knowledge in quasi real-life situations in order to validate a virtual qualification on many airliners.
VIRTUAL PILOT ACADEMY – COMPLETE PROGRAM
These courses are only approved in the context of flight simulation but are supervised and validated by professional instructors.
Currently, courses are given in either French or English.
Access to each module is conditional on the successful previous module. Each module begins with a briefing and ends with a debriefing with the instructor.
See also the prerequisites below.
MODULE FP01: CADET – THEORETICAL PREPARATION (CTP)
- Duration: 2 hours (theory with immediate application in simulator)
- General information about the Boeing 737
- Cockpit & Instruments
- Laws on the ground – revision
- Taxi, Maneuvers, Turns
- Take off, climb, level flight, manual flight only
- Visual landing (flaps schedule, pitch, power)
MODULE FP02: CONFIRMED CADET (CC)
- Duration: 2 hours (30 min briefing + 90 min practice)
- Flight preparation, FMC programming, pre-flight briefing
- Departure Procedures (SID)
- Arrival procedures (STAR)
- Holding altitude, speed, heading
- Airfield circuits
- Flight maneuvering exercises
- 3 successive Touch & Go’s
MODULE FP03: CONFIRMED CADET – F/O TRAINING (CCFOS)
- Duration: 3 hours (30 min briefing + 150 min practice)
- Low speed flight, stall, recovery maneuvers
- 45 ° / 60 ° steep turns
- Combinations of turns with climbs and descents
- Flight with instruments only
- VOR and ILS exercises
- Autopilot & autoland
MODULE FP04: VIRTUAL FIRST OFFICER (VFO)
- Duration: 4 hours (30 min briefing + 210 min practice)
- Alignment, NDB / VOR / ILS positioning, radio identification
- Low altitude go-around
- Cross wind landing
- Night landing
- Engine failures
- Short runway landing
MODULE FP05: VIRTUAL CAPTAIN (VC)
- Duration: 4 hours (30 min briefing + 210 min practice)
- Multi Crew Coordination
- System failures
- Engine failure during take off
- Approach – asymmetric power
- Engine stall
- Single engine landing at night
- Alarms and incident management / Radio failure
MODULE FP06: CONFIRMED CAPTAIN (CC)
- Duration: 1h30
- At the choice of the instructor, random rehearsals of exercises from modules FP01 to FP05 with the participation of a neutral co-pilot for the duration of the exercise
- Final test (Line-oriented Evaluation)
MODULE FP07: CAPTAIN-INSTRUCTOR TRAINING – (CIT)
- Theoretical and practical exam of 1h30
- Having assisted an instructor in each of the modules FP 001 to FP 007
- Instructor debriefing – Training report
MODULE FP08: CONFIRMED CAPTAIN-INSTRUCTOR – (CCI)
- Having successfully followed the MODULE FP07
- Providing alone, under supervision, the complete training of at least one cadet on each of the modules FP01 to FP07
- The FP08 accreditation (CCI) authorizes the paid supervision of training sessions and general public sessions in leisure simulation centers
THEORY (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMU – BRIEFING TIME (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMU – SOON READY FOR TAKEOFF? (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMU – LEARNING IS FUN (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMU – LET’S FLY THE BEAST (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMU – PEDESTAL (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMU – CLOSE VIEW (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
SIMU – WORKING CREW (Ⓒ BFSIM 2018)
- Minimum 15 years – no upper limit ;
- Register as a member of the ANPLV and be in order of subscription (35,00 EUR / year) ;
- PPL(A) theoretical license:
- Either have a valid theoretical license ;
- Either have completed theoretical training in a club or an approved school, without having the license yet (the theoretical license must then be passed before the end of the training) ;
- Either pass the online tests of a center like Mermoz (see “PPL(A)” section here below) or any other recognized online PPL club or training center ;
PRICING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full tuition: 2950 EUR TTC;
- Subscription to ANPLV and any optional PPL(A) training are not included in the price of the course;
- Extra courses (optional): 165 EUR TTC / hour (instructor + simulator included);
- All course modules are individual;
- English or French available (cadet’s choice);
- No refund will be issued except in cases of extreme force majeure;
- Calendar of modules will be defined in agreement with the Cadet, according to the availability of instructors and simulators;
- The postponement of a module may be granted only if a reasoned request is expressed more than 3 working days before the appointment, and subject to the agreement of the instructor and a Brussels Flight Simulators officer;
What does PPL(A) mean? This is the abstract of Private Pilot Licence (Airplanes), a basic aviation license which is the first step in the aviation world! The theoretical part of this license includes 9 specific subjects. Details ici.
This is a complete E-Learning program to access a real PPL(A) theoretical license if desired. The official license is not essential to follow the VIRTUAL PILOT ACADEMY cursus, a certificate of passing the tests (MCQ) of the Mermoz Institute is sufficient. However, it is permissible for candidates who register to go as far as to present the official examinations to an approved authority.
Currently, only the French DGAC can fully validate this way, but ANPLV is in contact with the Belgian Administration (DGTA) to validate this also in Brussels. Normally, it is necessary to be affiliated with a real aviation club to present the exams; however, ANPLV is now recognized by the French DGAC; Belgium *should* follow at the end of 2018.
Note: a PPL license is international and can therefore be obtained in France for use in Belgium. It’s comparable to a driver’s license.
Would you like to enroll in the Mermoz Institute E-Learning Program? Follow this link and complete the registration online.
Do not hesitate to consult the ANPLV website for more information about our partner and its activities.
|I REGISTER FOR THE ‘VIRTUAL PILOT ACADEMY’!|